Originally Posted by sturgeon
My only complaint is the hose clamps used to attach the reservoir. They're already starting to rust a bit, and I couldn't find an orientation for them that made me happy. The band is fine, it's just the screw mechanism that's bad, so far. Time to start the hunt for something a bit better. And I'd be interested in hearing what others are doing in that regard.
All in all, well worth the money. Again, thanks to Josh for doing all the work on this!
I just finished up the install on my Dakar last night.
The hose clamps that Elka supplied were WAAAAAY too long.
So I ended up ordering some shorter stainless steel clamps from McMaster-Carr and using those instead. I'll take some pictures after I get home from work. Was too dark when I finished up last night.
Still need to set the preload and take a test ride, but I suspect it'll be a HUGE improvement over the revalved stock shock I had in the bike before.