View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #32
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,211
Ditched my Gobi's for this setup. Hardigg Storm cases, about $260 USD/pair compared to $800 for the Gobi's. You can easily fabricate your own mounting system with little additional expense or buy one from Caribou Luggage. I put about 50,000 hard miles on them without issue. They ride well and crash well. I'm sure there are better options out there, but these have done just fine for me.

While the Gobi's may be OK for some they didnt work for me. Way too wide to filter in heavy traffic or ride tight boulder strewn trails, mounting latches would break just from spirited riding on rocky trails and the most insignificant low speed drops. Its really fun to turn around and realize one of your bags is missing, then backtrack 40 miles to find it. Holes would get punched in the outer casing making the water tank feature worthless, and a crash would deform the mounting surface as to make the box unusable without ratcheting tie down straps. I'm sure there is more not to like about them but I must have blocked it from my memory. I would expect a lot better from an $800 set of bags.

crashmaster screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 10:41 AM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote