View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #11
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
The ferry arrived on time and I got the bike strapped down securely, in fact i think the bike was so secure even a hurricane would not have made me worry.

The sea was calm and we reached Denmark my bike was where i left it and unharmed. Don't even think it was lonely as another Kawasaki and a Yamaha was there for company.

I ate (to much) a nice dinner and sat on the rear deck enjoying the sun and sea.

Highways in Denmark is often windy so I was not looking forward to the riding, as i only planed on staying on the highway and find some place to spend the night quickly so i could get up early next morning to start my Iron Butt ride. But it was not so bad and i did a few more km then I thought i would.

The Hotel was nothing fancy but warm and clean and only 60 Euro. And i must say i did love the parking.

I was less happy about what i found when i opened my right pannier and found coke all over it. One of the coke cans i bough on the ferry was leaking.

Thankfully the damage was minimal. Only one pair of socks was soaked, the rest was packed in plastic bags. First 30 min at the hotel was spent cleaning the pannier. And i don't think it ever have been this clean before.
Should be all set for a good night sleep now. And only need to repack the pannier before setting off tomorrow. hoping to reach Wien before sunset, 1000 miles from here.
JohnnyTh is offline   Reply With Quote