View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #141
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
Cabo

Sr. checking in. Both bikes made it. Lameinator took second behind a 80 something xr500 ridden by a nice young man named Adam from Minnesota. He'll probably be driving a beer truck soon, eh? Honzilla got stronger every day. Owen is going to follow in the steps of LC Garage & build him a 350 MX bike. I think they are one of the best bikes Honda ever built. At the awards banquet last night I went to the stage three times. The surprise was a Spirit of Norra award for bringing two vintage & two of the oldest bikes to the event. Pretty cool. It is a tequila crystal decanter with a norra plaque on it. Asked to speak, I could only say that we couldn't afford to bring a new bike!
The front brake on Lameinator failed again on the last day & Chris & Patrick brought her in anyway. Visualize riding a 40 year old bike through the mountains of Baja. Then visualize doing it in the brakeless class! These guys were awesome. Makes an old guy proud. We'll heading to Playa Hermosa tomorrow with an overnight in Muleghe at the Serenidad. Mucho pictures to post when we get back. In all modesty I must say it was an awesome achievement & at times against all odds. LAMEco never gives up. . Hell, it could have even been epic! More to come.