View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,487
" ...................................... we hightailed back to Ango Village for another nights fun & laughter "
That phrase began to haunt me at 4am, when loud thumping music was still being heard coming from the camp party people, even with the ear plugs in.

Revenge was sweet early next morning though when Domonsura backed his bike up to the entrance to their tent & rung its neck for a minute or two

Moving on .............. The Flinders Classic TT

Well! ....... it was actually .................... "Trev's Tiger" Tour

Having heard of the pleasures associated with having the "cheese & cracker carrying tortoise" on a ride,

We kept a close eye not to lose AussieOtto on his Ural

Amazing Brachina Gorge, beautiful as ever

and together with the fun one can have along the way

Doubts were beginning to set in about soggy crackers, when we saw the Tortoise attacking the water crossing at full flight

But he soon dried out.

Having the loan Tigers for the classic was a real treat for smiley Trev & together with his generosity he ensured nearly everyone got a ride.

I must admit the Triumph is rather addictive:

The TDM is like the romantic, adventurous, mature age woman where as the Tiger is the high powered, ambitious sexy female executive, potentially ruthless yet forgiving and modest.

They both have the ability to keep you on your toes and put a great big smile on your face .......... that's the bikes that is

I love 'em both in their own way

I asked Trev if he wanted the Tiger back when we reached the dirt.

"Nah! You can go for a short 5km dirt experience if you like MB", says Trev

However, unknowingly the Devil took me under his control & before I knew what had happened, I had completed the full length of the 29km Moralana Scenic Drive.

The Devil made me do it honest .................................................. ...........that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sheer delight when I finally got to the end & off the Tiger ...................... that's for Trev too.

The rest of the troops had gone to Wilpena for lunch some time ahead of PBee, Trev, AussieOtto & myself, when all of a sudden PBee started slowing.

He's killed a tiger, I thought to myself

But it was a classic case (errr!! ..... Flinders Classic ) of the Hare & the Tortoise

Having ridden his Tiger much more economically, that's both him & me

Trev said he wasn't actually out of fuel ......... it was only a precaution & we believed him

After lunch Tiger Trev lead us up Stokes Hill lookout for the mandatory sexy photo shoot before heading back to Ango to prepare for the big feast that night.

The rest of us delighted in enjoying the classic scenery the Flinders Ranges has to offer.

When towards home .......................... that doesn't look good

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 05:18 AM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote