View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #60
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro View Post
How many miles per day should be expected - the only mention I saw of mileage was to have a range of at least 80 miles and to show up for the SS with a full tank, so I get that the SS will be 80 miles or less, but what about overall mileage?

Tech inspection is in a TBD location in Enseneda, so I assume the start is as well. Will the finish be in the same location or somewhere else?

Will there be any "Spectator friendly" areas along the route (even if it is a liaison) that chase vehicles/support crews can get to in order to watch their riders come through and maybe snap a couple of pics? I know this is tricky as the route is to be kept a closely guarded secret until the night before.

It is indicated that there should be no assistance to riders on course, is there any limitation to the support provided at the bivouac at the end of each day or can crews work on the bikes from the moment a rider arrives until he is scheduled to leave?

I only ask because I keep getting asked these questions and "I don't know" is good enough for me, but not so much for the family. . .

thanks,
How many miles per day should be expected - the only mention I saw of mileage was to have a range of at least 80 miles and to show up for the SS with a full tank, so I get that the SS will be 80 miles or less, but what about overall mileage?

We expect the overall route miles per day to be approximately 150 mi. including neutralization and/or liaison sections. It is not accurate that the “specials” will be 80 miles or less. It could very well be a timed special of 150 miles with a neutralization zone. BAJA RALLY is providing gas so participants do not have to “worry” about that element. The navigation aspect, alone, will be the main focus for participants.

Tech inspection is in a TBD location in Enseneda, so I assume the start is as well. Will the finish be in the same location or somewhere else?

The start of the first special (Saturday Oct 5) will be within an 80 mile range north east or south of Ensenada. The finish will be within 20 miles of San Quintin on Sunday October 6th.

Participants will have the option of riding their bikes or being transported (by their own means) to the beginning of the first stage.

Will there be any "Spectator friendly" areas along the route (even if it is a liaison) that chase vehicles/support crews can get to in order to watch their riders come through and maybe snap a couple of pics? I know this is tricky as the route is to be kept a closely guarded secret until the night before.

No. Photo points are strictly reserved and intended for BAJA RALLY media partners. There is no plan to have any spectator friendly areas.

It is indicated that there should be no assistance to riders on course, is there any limitation to the support provided at the bivouac at the end of each day or can crews work on the bikes from the moment a rider arrives until he is scheduled to leave?

There is no limit to the amount of support or the time needed to provide support in the bivouac.
Scotty Breauxman is offline   Reply With Quote