View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #64
stuntheavy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Wow, way more interest than I expected!

Thanks everyone for the advice. The Tent Space thread is great! I feel guilty 'cold calling' others for a handout though. Perhaps I can think up some kind of barter to help you fellas out as well.

I'm sure it'll all be an experience. Broke down, flat tire, and raining, I'm looking forward to every last bit of it.

Does anyone have experience with Spotwalla.com? Does it show a map like the actual SPOT website does? I would like to have a map of where I've been, and where I am for people to see.

Not a whole lot of excitement is going on right now. Just a whole lot of cleaning, moving out of my living arrangements, and putting the finals tracks into the GPS. I haven't put in waypoints for fuel though... I suppose I should do that.

Saturday I will tear into the bike to redo the leaky fork seal, re-route the fuel line, and I think I am going to throw the new tires on now. This rear tire is just tearing apart too quickly. I don't think I'd make it to the other side of Louisiana before I had cord showing through.

Wish I had a more exciting update for you fellas.

Since I know everyone is all about pictures, how about a few of me, about 100 years ago.

The guy behind the helmet:

And a few of my other bike, and how I used to spend every free moment...

Can't let the cold Maine winter stop the riding!

Saturday/Sunday we will back to our regularly scheduled programming of XRR Prep pictures, packing, and the final tidbits before getting on the road!
stuntheavy is offline   Reply With Quote