View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #177
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,139
HS#14 Anchor III HS

We head north to just outside Jacksonville,Fl for the Anchor III HS put on by River City Dirt Riders (RCDR). The property consists of 1000+ acres of planted pines and with recent rains dust was not a issue. Sat course was 5.5 and Sunday 9.8 miles.

Haley's race started out well as she took off mid pack and settled in.

She traded spots with some riders but the issue with everyone was the roughness of the track. Miles of pounding across raised pine rows had arms and legs burning from the constant standing it required.

on the 2nd lap she went over the bars and caught a handlebar to the stomach. That took the fight out of her as she completed the lap and called it a day.

9 guys on my line as we head to the first corner and I settle for 2nd place.

(Note the sea of pines trees behind me...ugh!)

Let the beating commence. The miles of pine rows pounds on me as I try and keep the leader in sight. The picture below sums up my season..watching Don Chriss #24(he locked up championship with this race win) standing on the pegs and disappearing from view as I ride sitting down and cutting every corner trying to keep up

David Wildner (#46) comes by and I manage to stay with them to complete the first lap in 3rd. The 2nd lap starts with me losing touch of them both (I just can't stand for that long) and William St.Laurent(#240B) comes by in a long section of pine whoops. I settle in behind him and wait soon we dump out on a long straightaway...time to drop the hammer. I hunch down on the bike with the throttle pinned in 5th and the motor on the pipe and screaming. I pass back by Will and another slower rider as I jump hard on the brakes for the chicane..that section every lap was my favorite..billboard smooth and fast!

Not long after (Marcelo Dadone #15) comes by me in another whooped out section as I'm just helpless to watch him go by..can't run his pace. I can follow him though through the smoother stuff however as I watch him start to lose control in the pines..one foot flies off the peg and his leg crosses over the seat as he just misses a tree and lands in a heap in some bushes. I look over as I pass by and it's obvious his throttle had stuck and he was trapped under the bike. looked too dangerous to not stop so that's what I did. Got his bike stopped and him back on his feet as Frank Gamperl (#325) passes by.."GO" yells Marcelo as I hop back on my bike and try to catch up.

I end the 2nd lap in 4th place now as the struggle really begins to keep a decent pace. It's hot, I'm tired, and d@mn it I can't sit down! The pine rows are relentless as eventually Marcelo comes back by me after getting him self going again..d@ng it! Time to follow him so that's what i did/ I just sat on him and waited for my chance. Eventually we came to the corner that dumped out into my favorite straightaway. Marcelo in his haste dumps the bike just as I roll around him and race through the gears to get some distance. The corner worker gives me some applause as I brake deep into the chicane at the end of the straight with a smile on my face! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Senior B rider David Jensen who I enjoyed riding with..good times Dave!

(Dave right behind me)

The scoring chicane couldn't come up soon enough as I crossed over for 3rd place! David Wildner had pulled over after 2nd lap so I improved from 4th to 3rd. Happy just to survive the tough course!

Super Senior B
Place Bike Number Rider Name Bike Brand City, State Points Scored Promotion Points Counted Laps Elapsed Time
0 8 Levic Allen
Valrico, FL 0 0 0 0:00:00
1 24 Don Chriss
KTM
Orlando, FL 50 10 3 1:29:45
2 325 Frank Gamperl
KTM
Deerfield Beach, FL 47 5 3 1:29:52
3 117 Troy Stainbrook
KTM
Odessa, FL 45 4 3 1:30:19

4 15 Marcelo Dadone