View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #215
Bowser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthscape View Post
I thought I read somewhere that they did start fluoride treating the tanks at some point after production started. Not quite sure I understood your sentence, but every Acerbis and Clark tank I have, including aftermarket oversize tanks and factory KTM and Triumph tanks, swell also. Interesting though, I've noticed that the Safari tanks shrink back down in a shorter period of time than the factory Acerbis tanks do when emptied and dried.
Personally, I'd rather deal with the issue than have the Safari tanks not available at all. I absolutely love not having to worry about finding a gas station.
Well I have the 42ltr Acerbis manufactured Touratech tank for my R1100GS, its manufactured from polyamide, it dosent swell at all, its non porous so you can repair it if it gets damaged, and you can paint it.
Fluoride prevents porosity of the so the petrol vapor dosent not get into the plastic, so again you can repair it, and paint it, to be fair it has little to do with preventing the swelling of the tank.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote