Thread: XR650R owners.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #6109
ditchwitch650
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
pm sent I do have a near new r/h footpeg bracket and spare clutch if you do need it to get out of trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by galbo950 View Post
Well the XRR went for a little slide today out of a corner and as a result the teeth on the brake pedal tip put 2 nice little drain holes into the clutch cover. The million dollar question is, what are the worth in Oz for a genuine one or is there a stringer after market one available? Or does someone make covers to silastic on to them to give them a bit more strength?

Also I thought I bent the footpeg mount as the kick starter now slides against it (that's how I realised I had a problem as when the kick starter didn't return back upright I looked down and saw the puncture holes in the case). After looking at it, it appears the 2 bolts are now loose so hopefully the mount isn't bent. But just in case, what is the right footpeg mount worth? It looks like its made fairly strong, are they known to bend easy?

So at the end of the day the XRR reminded me of our red cattle dogs as it sat in the back of trailer for the trip home.

ditchwitch650 is offline   Reply With Quote