View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Thumb short trip to Tuscany !

part one

I took this trip in april 2013, it was meant to be for at least a week but you know the story, some stuff just keeps getting in the way !

The weather was no help either (I checked the forecast repeatedly thinking this might help the situation) but I would not be put off. I live in the wilds of Donegal in the north west of Ireland, so who am I to be complaining about the weather.

I left home early on a sunday morning, 1 am early ! Drove down to the big smoke - known internationally as Dublin, got a flight to Milan, Italy.

As you can see no mention of a motorbike yet !

Then I got bus into Milano Centrale and on to a train headed towards the Alps, Lake Como in particular.

This is atarting to look like a long bloody story about a short bloody trip !

Reason for this was to get my bike which I had stored in a friends garage on the lake. It would be a great place to kick off from if and when I could get away from rain sodden Ireland.

I had to get a taxi from the train up to the garage - so far today I had been in cars, buses, trains, taxis and planes - all this just to sit on a bike ! dedication for sure.

I got the bike out and got covers off, key in , and she fired first time !!! that is always the moment of trepidation, but she always fires first time !

Time for introductions: 'she' is a suzuki v-strom 1000 2008 and i enclose a photo of her (i don't have any of her naked, sorry).

ten minutes later i am off on my adventure..... more to follow

mka screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 10:30 AM
mka is offline   Reply With Quote