View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #58
a41capt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Schnebly Hill & Forest Road 240

Boy did you come to the right place, that's my backyard!

Schnebly Hill Road is more than passable on an adventure bike, and Forest Road 240 from there to Mormon Lake is bladed gravel. The ride up from Sedona is about a half hour as well as another 15 to 20 minutes over 240.

Anybody traveling that way is required to stop in at the Pinewood Fire Station (right on the 240 road in Munds Park) to say Hi to me and the other ADV rider boys on duty. We've got 8 of us there that'll be attending the expo on one or more of the days (we're on duty some of the time), and we'd be happy to point out some nice rides in the area. Additionally, the Forest Service has shut down a few roads in the area, but I have free maps of the Coconino National Forest in my office that I'll be happy to hand out to anyone stopping (until they run out anyway!).

So, stop by for a cup of coffee and some bike talk. You can't miss the station, and we love company.

I know it's okay to do it... I'm the Chief!!!!

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Was in a hurry and only took Mormon Lake Road (240) last year from the lake to I-17. It was marked ok, but it was a main road so more obvious. Road conditions were good - only some pot holes here and there. It looked like a great place to explore but I would bring a good map though.

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!

a41capt screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 04:58 PM Reason: Typo!!!
a41capt is offline   Reply With Quote