Thread: Brian&Jill2013
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
2ongs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15

Last few pictures are of the cafe and town we stayed in our last night in OK before crossing into AR.

after having breakfast at Pam's cafe, same place we had dinner the night before we got on the 1 east into the Ouachita Nat'l forrest. I think I've used up most of the adjectives on previous post to describe the scenery, so I'll try to come up with a new one. today's ride through the Nat'l forrest was "Fabulous"! mountain roads, with some long sweeping curves, switchbacks, and snake curves. all cut right through 80 miles of forrest. it was cloudy and cool about 46ish, but the sights were still great.

In the first week of our trip, we've had hot weather, cold, windy, real fu#*Ing windy, and today we got rain and cold. I guess that's part of the "Adventure". when we were coming out of the mountains some of those downhill S curves aren't as much fun when they are wet. I guess some of the adventure is also when you miss a turn off and have to make a big loop, 20+ miles out of your way too, not that that happened or anything.

After coming out of the mountains we made our way to Hot Springs via the 270, that was a scenic drive in itself. stopped and had lunch there. Couldn't throw a rock without hitting a Harley, there was a bike rally there this weekend, felt like a "foreigner" on a BMW. then took an unplanned ride around Little Rock, finally got going in the right direction and ended the day in Pine Bluff AR. Tomorrow, we will head south to Monroe LA and visit with an old buddy, Bill Thelkeld (for those that know him).
2ongs is offline   Reply With Quote