View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #36
GISdood OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by corney View Post
GSIdood

This is a great thread I found though the camping Canada thread!

I lived in PG for ten years and have fished and camped the Blackwater, Stellako, Crooked River.

I recognized the 100 road on the Crooked pool. Been my experience to keep the belly boat off the bike and fish the Blackwater River at the Canyon bridge, the tail outs at the second bridge( you have to walk the river each way to find them) and the rocks up river from the third bridge( a bit of a hike as well). Black stone fly nymphs and orange bellied stimulators at the right time! Great FS camp sites as well.

I had a legendary day on the Stellako once where the fishing Gods were shining on me and I caught 30 ish beautiful bows on an egg pattern. Most times I was skunked.

Crooked River mostly caught a course fish that was named locally a name that is politically incorrect! Whitefish and small bows as well.

You Sir live in fishing and dual sport heaven!

I also fish a four piece St.Croix with a BFR reel bought at Northern Troutfitters when Scott worked there.

Tight lines

corney
Thanks for the tips and fish tales, corney!

Its that time of year again, ice is off most of the lower lakes, so I hope to get out to do some stillwater fishing here in the next couple of weeks. Wicheeda is high on my list, but I'll have to wait a bit before the access to that lake is snow/ice free, I think. Fingers crossed!
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote