View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #1259
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuat Domanic View Post
After 4 different ktm injection disasters of mine which were:

RC8= Probably one of the most amazing designs and handling with the WORST injection management ever!
Superduke 990=Great ergonomics and handling, somewhat the least horrible injection among the 4
690 SM and Enduro(my actual suffering)

most probably I will try to avoid KTM at all costs!

BUT that doesn't make bmw or any other 'Adventure' bike available now a viable option for me;

They are all heavy and getting heavier, I do not want to imagine a bmw adv or a new tenere collapsed in a muddy hill...

They are all getting more complicated and vulnerable: My friend who has a brand new 1200 gs got stranded 3 times because of electronic failures
1-the alarm anten broken
2-fuel pump ecu broken-the service told us to carry a spare one!!!!!!!!!
3-The second and new fuel pump ecu is broken again....
Not to mention numerous cases of broken shaft drives and subframes and other electronic gremlins...

I'd rather have my adventures on land, not on a broken two wheeled truck which requires a russian army heavy duty chopper to be rescued and a beverly hills beauty center look-a-like service -plaza- to be serviced ; )

Thought I may be missing out not riding orange, but this RR is making my Husky 610 sound better all the time. Heck I can't even find a Husky dealer in my state / def no beverly hills beauty center look-a-like service -plaza.
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote