View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,631
I was at the campout/ride hosted by Romney Cycles. There was a dirt group and a spirited road group on Saturday. As I'm a slow poke I opted to do my road ride. 305 miles down to Rella's and back. I got there at 1300 and there were only 2 people eating but all the tables were set for the ramp dinner and the place was fully staffed as if they were expecting a crowd. Rella was disappointed that only one "biker" showed up but she perked up when I mentioned Guy Young. So I had a cup-o-joe and a slice of coconut cream pie. Then hit the road for the trip back. Traffic was very light all day and enabled me to meander and sight see at my own pace. Road crew was busy clearing brush on the road right across from Rella's. I noticed lots of deadfall from the winter that was cleared from the road. I recommend the Romney Cycle event. They had secure camping for us in the back, a charging station for phones, a coffee station, porta-johns and even set up a propane heated shower. They fed us Saturday dinner of fried chicken and all the fixings. They even had a fire pit and provided wood.

Rella is the shorter one... Not sure why I look drunk, honest.

Bad picture of good pie.

They had these on eat table. Pickled eggs'n red beets.

The staff fighting over the tip.

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote