Welcome to follow the story of our new life! On May 3rd 2013 we started together with our three dogs our journey around the world by motorbikes.
This is not just another travelogue. More like an open diary, where we tell about anything and everything that affects our lives... Besides motorbiking ethical veganism, fruitarianism, dogs, love of clean nature and sports belong to our everyday life, so for example those are things we will also write about in this blog.
The year 2013 we spent in Europe. The beginning of the year 2014 we were exploring West Africa after which we were traveling through USA and Canada for about nine months. Hertta passed away in November 2014 and we are only riding with two dogs since then. In early 2015 we entered into Mexico and are heading towards South America. The plans after that are still totally open...
During our journey we are promoting a "cruelty free world". We will do so by helping animal shelters and sanctuaries. More to come on this topic...
We are a German-Finnish couple with dogs as our children. Biking together since 2006! :) We left our home in Lohja/Finland and are without a permanent address as of now. Our home is there where our bikes are.
We already maintained our blog
) for about one year before the start. Feel free to read about the preparations and planning as well as more details about the sidecar.
Some of the highlights so far:
Meet the family
Wolfgang / Wolfi
Ilta a.k.a. Satu, Skippy & mamma
- Born in Saarland, Germany and emigrated '93
- I like good food ("Hauptsach gudd gess") and dark beer
- My favorite sport is Ju-Jutsu and related weapons
- Engineer and main mechanic in the family
- Love to build things (can now spend my energy in the sidecar project and learning to fix our bikes)
- A topic which is close to my heart reveals in me cheer unlimited amount of energy and enthusiasm (warning: energy level might be hazardous to others)
- Vegetarian since 2009, vegan since 2010
- Finnish from nationality, but not really a traditional Finn... Fluent in English and German goes rather well
- Karate is one of my biggest passions and has been basically my lifestyle since 1992! First decade Goyuryu and now Wadoryu
- Love all sorts of other sports too, like running, swimming and dancing, just can't stay still for too long...
- Vegetarian/vegan since 1999 and 80/10/10 low fat raw vegan since 03/2013
- Biking license got on September 2006 and instantly bought my Suzi, which was love at first sit! <3
- Kind of a hippie, a bit artistic, musical and a real film geek ;)
- The cook in the family! Love inventing new recipes, especially raw food stuff :)
- Passionate gardener and will try to invent someways to do it on the road as well...
- Poodle mix
- born about 2000 - 21.11.2014, rescued to our family in 2011
- about 11kg
- half blind and most likely half deaf also, but absolutely adorable!
- mom's guardian :)
- loves pillows!
- snores as hell!
- loves carrots, turnips, beetroots, apples... A real vegetarian by nature!
- Bichon Frise-Miniature Poodle mix
- born 2005
- about 5kg
- the great 'lumberjack'!
- loves to hunt leaves
- indoors only balls are fine toys!
- apples and pears are great delicacies
Suzuki V-Strom DL650
- Toy Poodle
- born 2008
- about 1.5kg
- frisbee geek, the bigger the better!
- the boss of the gang, eventhough is the smallest!
- makes cat and chicken noises :)
The bike is from year 2004 and has abt. 68.000km on the odometer.
Following extras, modifications & add-ons:
- Lower saddle (came with the bike)
- Jesse luggage Odyssey II (www.jesseluggage.com
- Givi topcase
- Watercooler protection (Touratech)
- Reusable stainless steel oilfilter (www.scottsonline.com
- Reusable airfilter (K&N)
- Engine guard (Suzuki)
- Oil cooler guard (Touratech)
- Crash bars
A huge thanks to all of you nice folks who let us stay at your place! You are always welcome to our home (once we found one again)!
We would like to thank our contributors:
Tracy B. and Kirk A. - thank you very much for donating spareparts for the V-Strom after Skippy's accident!
davebig - thanks for the muffler
Buy us some bananas, gas for the bikes or food for the dogs: