View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
atg OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
GS-LC - problems

The purpose of this thread is to have a space to share ANY problems and difficulties and its eventual solutions that we are experiencing with this new and great bike !

My GS 1200 LC arrived 11 days ago. So far I have only riden 480 Km. Yesterday, the high beam switch stopped working after I flashed high beams to alert an oncoming car. It got stuck on high and the button just felt as disengaged from the internal switch.

I opened the left "box" where all switchs are mounted and found the internal high beam switch stuck in, not returning to its off (out) position. After I played with it a little, it returned to the off position but its still grabbing and not returning at once to its off state promptly. At least I got to switch the high beams off.

Tomorrow morning I am taking it to the shop. Will see what the mechanics tell me.

I have seen the same thing happening to the light switch and "accelerate" switch on the cruise control on a demo bike at the dealership where I purchased it. Apparently, this is a mechanical problem that occurs inside the switches as they seem to start grabbing once pusshed in.

I wonder if anyone has experineced this and what where the solutions given under warranty.

I am affraid we will have another recall..

Andre

atg screwed with this post 05-05-2013 at 03:06 PM Reason: spelling
atg is offline   Reply With Quote