View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
tacosupreme OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by two trackin fool View Post
I am an FMF fan and have been thinking about changing for the same reason .....

Are yours the Q's ?
Not Q's, the other ones-http://www.ktmtwins.com/fmf-ktm-950-...lip-on-exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongat View Post
I'm willing to bet that it's a case of poor tuning versus the length of the pipes though I wouldn't discount their length altogether. Don't forget that by installing these, you've eliminated the catalytic converters built into the stock thermonuclear mufflers. I have recently switched over to Leo Vince (also very loud but they came with db inserts that work well) and I too m detecting more exhaust fumes, etc. Our bikes are tuned to deal with a certain amount of back-pressure and the catalysts so eliminating the cats and reducing back-pressure will mess with the air/fuel mixture. If you have access to TuneECU an a cable, there is a popular "KTM with Akra" tune that seems to be universally popular and effective otherwise you may look into a custom tune on a DynoJet PC-V or similar... - at minimum, perhaps that 15 minute idle reset might help a tiny bit...
I did the 15 minute idle first thing after install. It's running rich on the bottom end for sure. I get 30 mpg riding like a wildman, 38 when 2 up cruising. Above 4,000 RPM's it seems good, but I haven't hooked up my wideband yet to see. I have a cable on order and have read the tunecu thread. Twice. My buddy has a 2-1 Remus, going to take the wifey for a cruise on that and see if it still happens before throwing more money at the problem.

tacosupreme screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 08:12 AM
tacosupreme is offline   Reply With Quote