View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #711
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2627 View Post
I'm looking for a backpack that will hold an Arai XD3, or 4, and a 14" laptop but not much else of any size, and can use as carry on for flying. Any suggestions?
Hey Woody,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

To answer you question; Kriega doesn't make a bag specifically designed to accommodate a helmet. the packs are designed to perform when you need it the most i.e. while you are riding (and your helmet is being used). Making the packs bigger, or adding a helmet carrier is likely to compromise this performance. That said, depending on the size of your lid, it might be possible to fit it in an R35. I have a Large XD-4 and can't get it in, but Mrs. Kriega USA's Medium will. But that's with the peak removed.
And it would be quite a squeeze (depth-wise, at least) with a laptop in there.

That said, we do offer a superior helmet cover / carrier in the form of the US Skin:

http://www.kriega.us/us-skin-motocross-helmet-cover/.

This offers excellent protection, compared to standard helmet bags and comes complete with a short carry handle with plastic rings and longer shoulder straps to make toting your helmet around a little easier. It can be attached to a backpack pretty easily using a karabiner or similar. Even if it was carried separately, you could use it as your second piece of carry-on (in the US at least - not sure how many bags you're allowed in Oz). Bu
t this is not an official solution. Regardless, I strongly suspect that a backpack so big that it can handle swallow up an XD-4 and a laptop, would be a funny shape, not to mention a little unwieldy for riding with.

I hope this info helps, but please feel free to drop me a line if you would like any more detail or feel I can be of any further assistance at this stage.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 04:57 PM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote