View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #582
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,264
OK...I have had these SS for long enough to say like I have before...these are the best inexpensive accessory you can buy. I have over 5600 KM's on the new 2013 BMW F800GS and the SS are not showing any wear and tear. They have been through rain, now HEAT, snow, pissing down rain, off road and pavement and both Cheryl and I really can't imagine going back to the skinny stock grips. They do absorb some of the vibrations we get from the Heidenau tires but they are just comfortable.

I have small hands and I took the left grip off the other day, I put it back on and so far seems to have enough adhesive to stay put but (Dave just use rubber cement to put it back securely?) and when I rode with the stock grip exposed versus the right SS it felt too weird and not right.

Took me a little time to get used the new thickness, not at all bad for you guys with big hands but after a few 100 KM's it felt great.

Here are pics from May 5th...

Love this photo, looks cool

You have nothing to lose really by trying the SS out...we installed them day 1 after we brought our bikes home from the dealer.

Thanks Dave! Oh, the customer service is awesome! Oh...and here is my beauty..

soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote