View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Next morning i was up at seven. Feeling fresh and rested i was so ready to go that i skipped breakfast and got back on the bike. Took a little manhandling to get it out of the room it was in an thru the door.

Today i was heading to Suceava in north east Romania to celebrate ester wit him and his family. It was a little more then 400km and except or one stop for fuel i did it in one go. There was so much to se and so nice roads i totally forgot that i had not eaten.

The roads was a mix of beautiful sweeping roads with great scenery to roads that was in very poor condition.
What side of the road would you use?

Here it was hard to find the road between the potholes and the cars -and me- was using any side that looked like it was passable.

This is not even the worst part.

Romania is the land of contrasts. Some are utterly poor, while others are stinking rich. I did not get a picture but to me it was illustrated clearly when someone in a Audi S8 was trying to get past a horse drawn carriage.
At times was feeling bad for riding by some of these folks on a bike that probably cost more then they will make in there entire life. But then again I'm here spending my money so i guess thats a good thing. And hopefully the wealth of western Europe will spread so it also reach the villages in Romania.

I arrived at Anjisans fathers house and they prepared a dinner for us. Different to anything i have had before, but tasty. Here my Beast is parked beside a celebrity.

Next day we where out to do some sightseeing of fortified churches and other sights. Stay tuned.

JohnnyTh screwed with this post 05-07-2013 at 03:11 PM
JohnnyTh is offline   Reply With Quote