Originally Posted by renogeorge
I came back from Moab yesterday. Didn't get off of 50 but looks like a lot of new snow in the Toiyabes. I am thinking it will be a while before Ophir is passable....
Did you hit Tybo, SE of Belmont/Manhattan? Might be a little warmer/less snow issues...Delamar? Pioche?
We rode through Manhattan and spent alot of time in Belmont, thus we didn't have enough time on the last trip to get to "the punch bowl".
Not sure exactly where Tybo is. This part of Nevada is all new to me.
Do you think we could tamp down a path through the snow on Ophir Pass and then ride the bikes through or is that snow constantly melting and refreezing making it icy and slippery?
Depending on the conditions, I might reschedule this trip for later in June or should I even wait until July? Trying not to ride when it is too hot but at the same time, I want to be able to ride the high mountain passes.
If anyone has the phone numbers for the Austin, Eureka and Ely Forest Rangers, post them so we can stay in touch with the people closest to the trails.