View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #49
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnslr View Post
My pair arrived this morning, and I wore them on the commute home (not an epic journey, I know, but the kind of riding for which I bought them.) My first impressions are quite positive.

Construction quality appears to be quite good. There are no dangly thread ends or loose stitching I've been able to find so far. The fit is similar to boot-cut Levis -- not oversized or baggy like the Sliders (the only other riding jeans to which I can compare them.) The waist may be a little bit generous -- I have a true 30" waist, and even with the hip armor in I need to cinch my belt to keep the 30x32s from becoming low riders -- but not excessively so. There's a pretty good bit of stretch in the outer layer of material/denim too. I'm going to have to monkey with the knee armor position a bit to get the pads in the right place -- but there's room to do that. The pockets for the knee armor have several inches of vertical adjustment room available, with velcro to hold the armor in place anywhere within that range. There is no adjustment room in the hip armor pockets, which are rather precisely fitted to the armor pads, but as far as I can see there doesn't need to be adjustability there, as the location places the pads where they need to be on me. These definitely look more like normal jeans than my Sliders, and I think they look quite good. They are going to be hot in the summer. That's to be expected, I think, of multiple layers of material, but bears mentioning anyway. They certainly won't be any hotter than regular jeans over Draggin liners, over Bohn pants, though, which I see as about an equivalent set-up. So far I really like the Lean Angle jeans, and once I've worn them for a bit I may order a second pair.
Thanks for sharing your review abnslr, we appreciate the feedback.