View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
GP1152 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oboy View Post
Looking at the google map you linked, you do not have Bear Tooth on it. It looks like you're coming into the north entrance to Yellowstone. To do BearTooth you should be on 212 at the NE corner of Yellowstone by Red Lodge MT.

I would have suggested Rattlesnake Grade and Old Spiral Highway in Lewiston but I know you did those on your last trip. Seeing new stuff is usually better in far away places imho.

Looking forward to reading this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
I second the suggestion for the Bear Tooth---from Cody, Wyo. to Redlodge Montana-------It's one of the great rides anywhere. Will be following your progress------
Thanks guys. I just updated the link. I must have copied and pasted the initial route I had, instead of the updated one. You might have noticed that the image of the route showed the route along Bear-Tooth hwy

Also, we'll be coming from the south so for us that will be on the way out of Yellowstone. Just looking at the street view, it looks epic. Reminds me of when we did Highway 20 in the cascades. I remember riding along certain spots that I had seen in the google street view and as you can imagine, to see these places in person, after the fact, is incredible.

For example, take a look at the street view HERE. I remember seeing this spot on google street-view when I was routing out the trip and just imagining what it would be like to come flying around, I mean "riding" around that turn with that scenery surrounding us. Pictures or words can't describe what the place looks like in person. We were there at the perfect time, in the afternoon. Perfect weather, perfect lighting and hardly a soul around us. Epic....like I expect the areas you guys are describing to be.

Just after that section in the map:

This picture taken HERE (short distance prior to the photo above):

RIDE REPORT: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....3,000 miles
CURRENT RIDE REPORT: Part 2: Me, a blonde, 2 Ducati's.....4,000 miles
GP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote