Thread: Norra 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #1033
Scotty Breauxman
Baja Breaux

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
I think John Volkman (on a Husaberg) was hit by a car on Day 3. Not sure if he is on ADV though.
Volkman (13) Husaberg, was punted by Butch Jensen's 462 on day 2 stage 5, 10 mi north of San Juanico. He is pissed, especially for a super mellow dude, and his crew even more so. As they should be. It took an act of God to get NORRA to DQ the assailant. I tell ya, some people have no business out there and the effects of horsepower, ego and adrenaline outweigh common sense.

You could be the best rider in the world, but when the vados aren't denoted by exclamation points in the RB, I'm over it. People that rode the Purisima to Loreto section in 2012, were on a different course this rear as a result of the storms last fall.

Franky, I was relieved to stop racing when I did. My wife getting sick was a blessing in disguise. Like JB said, and I respect his position, I think I wont race again, at least not like that.

Further, it ain't a rally, Nice folks they all are, but it ain't a freakin rally if the winner didn't even have a roadbook reader. Give a man a GPS file and he won't be watching for the vados, mis vatos.

my rally report here: Who Is Peter Hardy?

Scotty Breauxman screwed with this post 05-07-2013 at 09:51 PM
Scotty Breauxman is offline   Reply With Quote