View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #50
zachbrowning
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Will.Ride.On.Mars View Post
I think this route through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and back into Thailand will work (assuming multi-entry visas work). Basically just going the opposite direction I had proposed. Not an issue. I didn't have any reason to go the way I had originally planned. This route is about 5600km, which is maybe a little longer than the other way, but not by much. This alleviates the no shipping out of Vietnam issue, but still allows me to travel through much of the area. If I read up a bunch on Vietnam, maybe I'll jump across the border for a bit without my bike. It's all possible.
Your route through Cambodia misses out on Angkor Wat, which although overrun with tourists is really a must-see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Will.Ride.On.Mars View Post
Also I've been rethinking the India to Tajikistan route, which is about 9600km. Fly into Nepal, ride around India, then go up into Jammu and Kashmir on the eastern side of the area then come down the western side, going through Jammu, Srinagar, Kargil and Leh all the way to New Delhi were I can catch a flight to Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The road from Leh to Manali is only open for 2-3 months a year from late-Junish to early-Septemberish, depending on snowfall. This does not fit in with your stated schedule.
zachbrowning is offline   Reply With Quote