View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #1864
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Yea, unfortunately one of those totaled bikes was mine

How do you like the HB kit, got any pics? I ordered their engine guards, can't wait to see them in person!
I chose the HB kit because my Caribou Cases on the 950 mount to HB. Haven't put the cases on the Tiger yet, but I was impressed with how durable the HB mounts were on the KTM after several test tip-overs with and without bags.

The HB mounts on the Tiger have the quick-release feature, which I may never use other than quick removal for bike maintenance access. I like having them there for added protection and might even come in handy as a defense against wayward minivans in parking lots. (glad to see you got everything resolved and are back into a new bike!)

In the two years of using the Caribou/HB setup on the KTM I am left impressed with the design of both the HB and Caribou Cases side of things. The Caribou case/mount clamp is a break-away design that is easily replaced, though I have never broken one. Should the need arise this should prevent undue stress to the case or the mount in a moving fall. I carry a spare when touring, just in case. The design prevents getting into one of those bungee/duct tape solutions to pannier mounting after an incident.

Once I get around to carrying the bags out and installing them I'll snap some shots. At the moment I'm recovering from some knee reconstruction and though I am riding again, I'm not quite up to easily carrying much stuff from the house to the bike.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote