View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
grizz OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 899
Day 6 - Baviaans - PE

Right, Day 6 was planned as a late start with breakfast booked for 09.00 by Jupiter, thankfully (we would find out later) Christine needed to get off early to get her daughter to school, so we agreed to have brekkie earlier.

All of us were up by 06.00 and ready to eat by 07.00.

Before breakfast we all had a walkabout and took some random and not so random pics.

I walked up the valley and past the dam, finding Jupiter in great spirits, packing up his bike.

This was his challet, specially supplied as he had complained about my snoring, before actually experiencing it.

When the dogs and I came back from the valley, I just caught Jupiter leaving his lodgings.

Pic looks like a photoshop.

This was what the Whale's oil leak from the shock looked like before breakfast...... it had progressively gotten worse since leaving Cape Town.

Not to worry.... there was sure to be more oil in there.

I also took the opportunity to go look around in Nico's Workshop/Barn.....

Nice bike(s)

Did I mention Home engineering ??

Lawn mower with grass collector.
Hence the lovely lawns out there.

If you look at the truck behind it, you will get an idea of the size of this lathe..... best of all, look where it is standing, gives you an idea about the weather Nico has to work in.

Homestead and mountain again.

Now you can get an idea about the lawnmower and why it was built.

Breakfast is set out in a buffet style with Christine cooking the hot orders fresh in the kitchen.

Deon must have been grinning madly at this point.

After breakfast we said our Goodbyes and Thank You's and then set off into the Baviaans Kloof

***** 2006 Sachs MADASS 50cc *****

***** 19?? BSA Bantam D7 FREE Bike Resto *****

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"
grizz is offline   Reply With Quote