View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #647
notsofasteddie
Semi Slow Rider

Oddometer: 44
Gotta Comment out loud - finally

OK, I just gotta say that picture of your dad's of the sunrise at Toroweap is one of the best shots from that spot I have ever seen, and living around this part of the country for over 30 years, I've seen a bunch. (And your pictures are always way above par also - you're sure no slouch).

Also, thanks for the picture of the Page Ranch House. The Robert Richey (Dan Page's grandfather) is my great-great-grandfather. My mom (now 95 and close to the end of her time here) and her siblings used to tell the story of how they stopped at the Page Ranch on their move from near Monroe, Utah to Ruth, Nevada in about 1926 (her uncle, her mom, her sister and three brothers and all their belongings in one old car - real Grapes of Wrath type stuff).

That day I PM'd you about the county sheriff advising me to turn back on the way to Diamond Valley I ended up in Pine Valley and spent time hiking around the little lake there before meeting my son in St. George. Old Robert Richey was one of the first group to settle Pine Valley in 1855.

Thanks for all the work you do on posting up continually.

Ed