View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #337
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
[QUOTE=LC Garage;21359700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmst6829 View Post

Dave, thanks for sharing, my start looks worse (even more feeble) than it felt...sheesh! At least there's plenty of upside!

Congrats on your moto victories, two wins in one day is pretty awesome, well done!

On another note, I have been contemplating a possible change to a CB350 frame, as it might put me in the Classics and out of Sportsman. The rule book is very specific about the SL350 being in Sportsman (why?) but no mention of the CB350. Don Matthews was trying to get me moved down a class Sunday and asked if it was a CB or CL, so it might make a difference?? I know you went to a lot of effort to build your Bultaco for a specific class and think I may have missed the mark on mine, but perhaps a frame change would get me to friendlier territory?? Thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Hey Rick, I would call Matt at Speed and Sport and ask him about changing the frame for the Classic 500 class. I think you are stuck with Sportsman no matter what. Sorry. Lots of crashes this year and more then I have ever seen at an AHRMA event. My buddy Tadd Dean took a handlebar to the ribs breaking several. Reese Dengler of the AHRMA NW fame hit a downed bike and landed flat on his back eventually sending him to the hospital. I had a good run going and I am claiming that after I polled the old hands in the pits I lowered the tire pressure in the front and rear and found the bike behaved much better in the corners but wagged left and right on the uphill high speed section of the course! The wagging was no big deal but the higher corner speed and secure feeling in the off camber sections made all the difference to me.
Seattle
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote