View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #248
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
The final day (ready uploading in 1h)

Day 6
Today there will tricky navigating in the first part of the special. Immediately the search for a narrow overgrown path start in the special. I got lost in a village because my ICO is deviating. I had the wheel circumference adjusted, but the deviation is not constant. Later it stopped working completely indicating a broken wire in the signal wire. As a backup I have a bicycle computer but that has to be resetted every situation. I find my way back to the right track. Later in the trial, navigating became easier and can pace go up and I navigate without trip meter.

I ended up 39th time which is not so bad through all the problems.

http://youtu.be/RFUv8CLDYnI

The liaison also requiers some navigated, sometimes I can follow an African Twin rider (who is pretty fast) but sometimes I have to pay attention myself. With only a few minutes to spare I come in at the finish.

After a pita giros we go to the ceremony. It appears that I have the 3rd prize in the M3 class. Most prize winner take their bike up to the stage, mine is already on the truck. I ask a bicycle of on of the locals and ride up the ramp.

3rd in the M3 class, 27th overall with 45 penalty minutes.