View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #397
sc00tertrash
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1152 View Post
We bought a few 9' ramps. Three actually. One is 17" wide and the other two are 11" wide. I'm with you as far as finding a reliable way to load the bikes. I know they sell some really wide ramps, but storing them in and out of the truck would be a huge pain in the ass. with these I can put the three ramps side-by-side and ride the bikes up (the 9' ramps makes a huge difference). I have yet to load the streetfighters, but I've loaded and unloaded the dual-sports with no problem. And although the dual-sports are lighter, my Husqvarna is a lot taller than the SF and doesn't have as much torque. So getting the SF's on there will be no problem.

If you want more info on the ramps I bought just send me a PM.
Thanks for the info. I think I might need to invest in more/better ramps, Im using a much narrower and shorter ramp.

The last time I had to load my r1150r into my truck I snuck over and used the K-Mart loading dock after they were closed. They had ramp/blocks to back my truck up on, and a hydraulic lift-gate to lower into the bed. It made the process really easy.

Cheers!