View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #86
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,217
No rush...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptinkaos View Post
You know... I may even wait to see if Safari will make the tanks out of Polymide... I could skin them with the same simple scheme in vinyl and not worry about gassing issues through the plastics... Oh wallet, why are thou so skinny! Lol!
It took me a long time to get my bike 1/2 way there as far as upgrades go... I always project my buys far in advance. Especially in the case of Safari Tanks, it's an investment... and exercise in marital diplomacy. But if you seek, you shall find (deals).

Call me an Adventure Fanatic but I feel every model year had a "special" limited edition.... when upgraded to it's maximum potential...

You may feel nothing for the Baja "Limited Edition" logo... but it is the Very Last production run of a cherished bike. The Baja LTD. is a release I believe could be run down to Mike's Sky Rancho, or to Puertocitos bone stock by an average adventure rider... And it would be a total blast on that type of trip out of the box!!! It's a tribute bike... In my eyes. And I'm happy for those who grabbed up the last of a great bike!

What ever you do to it, it will be PERFECT!