View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #1648
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Need some technical help and can't find it any where else.

Bought the dualsportmaps app but am not having a lot of luck with it. I am trying to import the TeTs .gpx files to my droid incredible 2. Transferred the .gpx file to my phone via the USB connection and the app states it cannot find an files in the osmand something file. Tried pulling the file off of my email but it also showed that it could not be found.

I did make a custom route via google for the return trip. Converted the .kml to .gpx. The app sees the file but after I import it nothing happens. Nothing is shown on the map.

I also tried to download the TeTs files to the dualsportmaps.com page for private viewing so I could pull the map up in the app. When trying to do so the website states that the file already exists as a loop and I can't upload it.

I did get the waypoints to upload on the GPS essentials app but no tracks or routes.

I have been fighting with these apps for two weeks and finally gave up. Decided to just buy a garmin Montana but of course everyone local is out of stock and will not have any until I leave.

Can anyone help me? I need the portion of the Trans Eastern Trail from Clayton, Ga to Hampton, TN on my phone. Leaving Wednesdays morning. Don't know what else to do besides take my Ipad which has MotionX and has worked awesome for me in my truck for several months. Prefer not to risk that unless I have no other choice.

Thanks for any help.

Joe
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote