View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #2360
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
I should note that Cal will never win a championship. To replace Nicky with Cal is kind of a joke. Cal can complain all he wants on not having a factory spec bike but this year he's on Lorenzo's championship winning bike of last year. He just doesn't have this year's latest electronics. Cal is fast but he lacks that racer mentality to shoot a gap when there is one presented. He sat behind the 2 Honda's for all of the Qatar race only to let Rossi blow by him and the 2 Honda's in a span of a couple of laps.
I agree that Cal is unlikely to ever be Moto GP champ (I think the best prospect for us Brits in that respect would be Scott Redding if he was able to get a competitive ride in Moto GP and even then the idea of beating Marquez in his prime is a little far fetched). I think there's a lot of smoke and mirrors about the specs of the various M1s though and the straight line speed difference between Cal's M1 and Rossi's at Qatar was striking when compared to the Hondas. That fact alone contributed to Cal's inability to pass Marquez and Pedrosa more than any lack of ability (mental or otherwise).
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote