View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
bkg123 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
I'm Riding a Super Tenere on my trip. This is my second year on this bike and it has been absolutely fantastic. She's a pack mule.

The Trax boxes are on their third bike, and work great, They were loaded to about 30lbs each on this trip. The big Givi top box is new, and has worked very well. I keep the Givi empty most the time. It's big enough to throw in my tankbag and helmet when I take off from the bike for any length of time, and makes a gret campsite table.
I put on K60's for this trip since I planned on hitting some dirt roads on the journey. They handled the gravel/dirt really well. Sand....not so much and pea gravel was...well...never any fun. On the tight paved twistys, the held great.

I rolled out of Portland on April 19th taking hwy 26 over Mt Hood and headed for LaPine Or. and Hwy 31 down to 395.
It was dumping pretty good in the NorthWet

But once I got to the other side of the Cascades thing started to dry out nicely.
I stopped off at the Crooked river to dry out and change clothes.

You might spot the eagle that was hunting down in the canyon, he's on the left side of the canyon, about 1/3 up the photo.

I wanted to bring my SLR on this trip for pictures but it was was bigger then I wanted to carry, so I'm using my trusty old Canon G11 and the iPhone.

bkg123 screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 11:02 AM
bkg123 is offline   Reply With Quote