View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #121
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
Hi .... just FYI, I rode Panoche Rd today as well as up to New Idria, and the trailheads into the various Panoche/Griswold/Tumey Hills areas have signs that clearly state that plated motorcycles and ATVs are not allowed at all. But the signs also state that only "full size" 4x4's are allowed. First, if it's really to mitigate trail damage, who's going to enforce drivers actually engaging 4WD on part-time rigs? Second, what's a "full size" 4x4? Only F150's or Dodge Rams, no Rangers or Dakotas? How about Subarus or an AWD minivan? I also picked up a map, which only stated that vehicles must be street legal.

It was hot as hell out there but Panoche Road was fun ... as was Little Panoche. Absolutely no traffic for hours. It's so brown and dry out there due to our dry spring, that it's hard to believe this is only 80 miles from my home in Santa Cruz.

-dman
Any photos of New Idra ? I hear most buildings are torn or burned down..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote