View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
shiryas
Dragon with matches

Oddometer: 93
F350 & ktm 450xcw

Not sure if any of this will help, but . . . I have a 97 F350 CCLB 4x Diesel with a Versahaul VH-55 on the back for my dirtbike. So its a big truck and I really do not even notice it on or off.

The Versahaul is heavy. I don't need a second, but its a lot more beef than the 'generic' brands. The anti-wobble/anti-rattle bracket on the reciever works great, if you do not have one I guess its a common item in the RV world and really keeps the knocking and movements to a minimum. You can buy it separate for any receiver type carriers (wish I had know this long ago with the bicycle carrier).

The extendable anchor points are easy to deploy and save my shins when its empty. I have heard horror stories about people loosing their bikes off the back after going over a bump. This has been attributed to the front compressing and the strap hook coming undone so I run mine with caribiners on the front end.

I am in the market for a second bike for my scuderia and will plan on using this to haul it home. I do not have any concerns with the mfg #500 with my truck but a lighter, shorter wheelbase vehicle . . . YMMV
shiryas is offline   Reply With Quote