View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Oddometer: 7,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
Yeah, Meter, from all appearances i think you have WeeStrom in your genes. Target demographic, say

Go check out this circle-jerk: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=885705 and be sure and post your $6 valve cover tunnel gasket failure experience there. It will be yet another data point for folks to come to their senses and embrace StromAlmighty and stay away from anything related to fraudulent, cultish, arrogant, etc etc etc BMW

Wow, tough crowd.

To be clear the cost of repair is going to be about $140 for the stick coil, $320 for the cylinder head cover, whatever the wire to the plug costs, it is a bit melty as well and the cost of the rubber insert on the cylinder head guard.

I imagine it will be somewhere between $460 and $600 to get it all sorted (I don't expect to pay for it), but it is off-putting that a very simple servicing mistake can result in that kind of repair bill.

But like I said, the dealership has a good rep, I went to high school with the tech who likely fucked it up (nice guy and good mechanic) and know 1/2 a dozen other employees who work there. I expect they will take care of me but this will be my 2nd poor experience with European machinery (the first was a Rotax powered boat),

No Vstrom for me. I'd rather eat glass. The GS is a beautiful bike and a very nice ride. Maybe I will feel different Monday morning and just want them to repair it, but as of now I pretty bummed.
Meter Man is offline   Reply With Quote