View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
skysailor OP
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by redge View Post
I'm in the process of making the same decision except that I may be buying in the U.S.

Note that the closest Canadian Triumph dealer to you is in Winnipeg, whereas the closest Moto Guzzi dealer is in Sudbury, although there are also Moto Guzzi dealers in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Also, have a look at the difference between Canadian and U.S. MSRP for these bikes. Moto Guzzi Canada wants an extra $200. Interestingly, BMW Canada's spread is the same. Triumph Canada, despite the fact that the currencies are at par, wants an extra 13 1/4%. For that reason alone, I would not consider buying a Triumph in Canada.

As a kid, I spent my summers on Lake of the Woods (Mackie's Island). Good memories.

I can live with an extra 200$. Excalibur in Thunder Bay used to carry Gooses. I'll check with them. I really don't mind heading stateside for work if I need it. I think it's a really cool little bike. Like the fact it's "open" to work on.
As for paying more in Canada.....Honda wants 13600 for the new CB1100 up here....Honda is off the menu.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote