View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #25
Rockmuncher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meter Man View Post
Wow, tough crowd.

To be clear the cost of repair is going to be about $140 for the stick coil, $320 for the cylinder head cover, whatever the wire to the plug costs, it is a bit melty as well and the cost of the rubber insert on the cylinder head guard.

I imagine it will be somewhere between $460 and $600 to get it all sorted (I don't expect to pay for it), but it is off-putting that a very simple servicing mistake can result in that kind of repair bill.

But like I said, the dealership has a good rep, I went to high school with the tech who likely fucked it up (nice guy and good mechanic) and know 1/2 a dozen other employees who work there. I expect they will take care of me but this will be my 2nd poor experience with European machinery (the first was a Rotax powered boat),

No Vstrom for me. I'd rather eat glass. The GS is a beautiful bike and a very nice ride. Maybe I will feel different Monday morning and just want them to repair it, but as of now I pretty bummed.
To be fair, any machine repaired improperly will have trouble. Do yourself a favor and give it a second chance.
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote