View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #343
LC Garage OP
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 710
CRR, AHRMA, etc...

CRR is what racing is all about! As a young rider I thought it was only about winning and was oblivious to the other aspects of racing (teammates, friends, travel, camping, but most of all the camaraderie) and how much all of these things would some day matter to me. We had such a good time just hanging out, visiting the other pits, drooling on the way cool machinery (Nyblod's Jawa, Mike's YZ650F, Street's '47 Indian...and many more), spending time with my crew, friends and family and making good memories, oh and racing a little bit (even if not doing so well ). Any of you that follow this thread and are at any of these events we talk about (AHRMA, OMRA, NORRA), please come over and introduce yourself the next time we are at the same event, would love to visit and we usually have a cold beverage or two to spare.

As far as the class discussion, I followed Dave's advice and contacted Matt, who then directed me to Tom Bentely, NW Region tech guy. Sent Tom an email and hope to hear back soon. I did learn that the NW Region has a class called Early Sportsman Stock (ESS) and it may have been on the sign up form and I just missed it. I also learned that this class was proposed nationally but defeated and in the bikes proposed for this class the SL350 was specifically listed. From what I read, the only possible change needed to make my bike legal would be to put the stock forks and front hub back on, no big deal.

Pedrom; as far as getting a bike and jumping in, that would be awesome, would recommend you contact Tom Street (lives near Bend) as he is a wealth of Vintage racing info and is a pretty helpful guy!

Right now we are thinking our next AHRMA race will be early August near Sutherlin, Oregon. This will give us time to work out our tuning issues and figure out if we are staying in Sportsman or moving to ESS??