View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
redge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
On the merits of these bikes, the Moto Guzzi and the various flavours of Bonneville all have different ergonomics.

For me, at 6', 195lbs, the standard Bonneville feels too small, and the Thruxton requires a more aggressive rider position than I want. If I go with Triumph, it will be a T100. The ergonomics of the T100 and the V7 Stone and Special are similar, but not identical. The V7 Racer is different again.

There seems to be pretty much universal admiration for the V7's looks, but personally I'm undecided. If anything, I'm sort of leaning toward the T100, but that could change tomorrow :)

On looks, the Racer is for me problematic. I like the painted frame, but there's stuff on that bike that I'd remove immediately (like the numbers and the fake tank strap). And I'm not sure what I'd say, if someone asked me, seeing "V7 Racer" on the bike, how fast it goes, although I suppose one could remove the side fairing:) The whole concept of the Racer, from the name to the tarted up body, rubs me the wrong way, and is adversely affecting my view of the brand. On the other hand, there's fake stuff on all of the Bonnevilles, which at least is not the case with the V7 Stone and Special.

P.S. If you want info and pricing on OEM accessories for the V7, go to http://af1racing.com.

redge screwed with this post 05-12-2013 at 10:09 AM
redge is offline   Reply With Quote