View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #99
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6.0 View Post
Just an FYI for other Baja owners reading this thread. The death wobble that occurs from 65-85mph is gone now that I put a Michelin T63 on the front. My bike currently has 110 miles on it. I bought it two days ago. I can now go up over 100mph smoothly. Grooved pavement also didn't upset the bike. I still plan on a steering damper for riding in sand and better control in rock gardens. I had a Scott's on my 640 Adventure and I loved it.

I am not a Baja owner, nor have I ever ridden one, but I have had 4 950's now. The Baja is a 990, no different, and the 990 chassis is a 950. The wobble you speak of has been there, for some bikes, from the beginning. It can be dealt with, or chased, with tires, but it is truly a suspension tuning issue. A damper can also help, but this can almost ALWAYS be tuned out with preload and compression settings.

If the KTM manual for these bikes still has a suspension baseline for 'Soft', 'standard' and 'sport' settings, go to the 'sport' settings and I would bet money the wobble goes away regardless of tire.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote