View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #79
Maoule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maoule View Post
The weather finally permitted a bit of a test run with my Aeroflow windscreen. I bought the medium (~6" higher than stock). I'm 6'3"; 215#; Edit: XL Arai XD4. I haven't been through all the variables yet but initial impression is good. I can tell you the head buffeting I was experiencing from the stock screen was, at times, disorienting and not what I wanted tooling along at 80 in traffic. With the Aeroflow, the head buffeting is nearly gone and I noticed the wind noise is greatly reduced as well. I notice there is a definite vacuum behind the screen that kinda pulls your head forward; gonna have to get used to that. I also notice more wind on my shoulders/chest but it feels balanced. At lower speeds, the sight line is a bit of a bother.
The unit mounted easily using the upper 4 windscreen screws and I was pleasantly suprised at how solid it was. The distortion is minimal but there seems to be a bit of milkiness to the transparency; not bad but there. I think it will be good for long hauls and I may get the side deflectors as well. I plan to cut down the stock screen for dirt work,etc. and will update if that combination works with the Aeroflow.
I cut down the stock screen 2"(50mm)..oh yeah!! Big difference on helmet-rattling bufetting. The helmet wind noise is back, but it and the wind pressure are more evenly distributed around the helmet. Definitely a better experience for short jaunts around town. Next is to put the Aeroflow back on to see what, if any, changes to that combination.
Maoule is online now   Reply With Quote