Originally Posted by CodeMonkee
Problem is that a lot of vehicles float once submerged
True. And side-currents, or any currents, are a bitch.
BTW, Dale's "flood prep" was as follows;
- Change to his Tall & Skinny tires.
- Check all snorkles and vent tubes,
- Check all electrical waterproofing, with a good spray/soak from the hose.
- Throw about 1,000 lbs of old engine blocks in the bed, up near the cab.
- Put small john boat w/ 5-hp outboard engine in bed ("Gotta' have a Backup Plan.
Funny part was that he was the first person around here with a freewheeling propeller mounted to the back of his rear differential, as a joke. As he would pull out of the water it would be spinning. The Old River Rats down on the Meramec thought it was functional.
"Lookie there, Cleatus. It's like one 'o them Ducks I drove in Ko-rea!"