View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #44
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP1152 View Post
Appreciate all the support from everyone

So I'm at a point where I should start booking rooms. There's a few legs of the trip where we're stuck with short distances due to what we have the following day (places and things we'll want to have time to see along the way). For example, from Jackson, WY to Gardiner, MT it's only 152 miles, but the next stop after that is Red Lodge. Red Lodge is after Bear-tooth pass and there's no way I'm not going to allow ourselves enough time to stop along the way. Even with the short distances it looks like we'll have an extra 2 nights. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone as to a few places you think we might want to spend an extra night.

Google maps reached it's limit as t how many points I can have on this map so I've split it into sections. This map HERE will give you an idea as to the route again though.

(and for the record, we've done the 400+ mile days thing in the past and that's NOT what this or any of our trips are about. If we're hauling ass, it's for fun and NOT because we're in a hurry to get anywhere ).
You may do this on another time, but I looked at your map and noticed your northern loop does not go to Glaciar National Park, in Montana, but goes close enough. I have not been there, but some people from that area have suggested one day I ride that area and they especially mentioned the Going-to-the-Sun Rd.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is online now   Reply With Quote