View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #48
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
I love the history but Monza has to go. The chicanes are a joke and really disrupt the racing and are dangerous. I know it could happen anywhere and no one got hurt but the SS race was a joke with crashes taking out bikes they way they did.
The whole Sykes this is Mickey Mouse for a top level world championship. I get why he was reinstated, but the fact that you can blow a turn like that and not lose a place is bad. Plus coming back onto the track is dangerous as hell.
They need to find another track and let Monza go, and its rich history wil be just that history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
IMO Atmosphere versus safe/fair racing is not the same. I have never been to a race in Europe, the only overseas track i was at was Suzuka for the 8-hour. I am sure it is an amazing time and an amazing place, but safety comes first. Chicanes do not make for safe racing, fix them and stay.
What Monza really has in its favor is that it produces awesome racing. Imola does the same. That is a huge quality in a track IMHO.

And as a rider, corners like the Parabolica leave me with grand fantasies. If a corner looks awesome on TV it is for certain 10 times more incredible in reality.

BTW I think Michael van der Mark was injured and couldn't restart the WSS race.

If anyone has not seen the final run of the WSS race, i recommend you do!