View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #45
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
You may do this on another time, but I looked at your map and noticed your northern loop does not go to Glaciar National Park, in Montana, but goes close enough. I have not been there, but some people from that area have suggested one day I ride that area and they especially mentioned the Going-to-the-Sun Rd.
At the northern apex of this trip they'll still be quite a bit south of Glacier and Going to the Sun Road. It's an awesome ride but not something I'd recommend doing in a one-day loop, it's best savored at a slower pace. Glacier is gorgeous, but I actually preferred my experience on the Canadian side of the border (Waterton - Glacier Int'l Peace Park), less traffic, better camping, fewer folks on the hiking trails. It's all glorious, though, best to see it all! My son and I did all that several years ago on a 3-week ride up the Canadian Rockies. If you've never ridden the Icefields Parkway, you must do it before you die. Simply amazing.

I need to win the lottery, quit my job, and just take my lovely wife and go riding. So much to see, so little time.

Doug

manfromthestix screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 05:34 PM
manfromthestix is offline   Reply With Quote